You’re looking for the best time clock app and there are just too many to choose from. No worries, we’re here to help!
The unprecedented growth of mobile phones have changed the way businesses operate in their day to day operations, so it’s not a surprise that there’s a rapid growth for the demand of time clock apps, right? It only makes sense that more and more companies abandon the old methods of pen and paper or endless excel spreadsheets, and move to online time clock solutions.
In fact, over 42% of US companies today use time clock apps and those numbers are increasing by the day. This growth makes even more sense when taking a closer look at the numbers:
- Companies that use time clock apps reduce the payroll process time by 15%-35%.
- Companies that use time clock apps report total payroll hours are reduced by 10%-22% due to the elimination of buddy punching and rounding hours.
Now there’s another aspect we need to focus on – Forbes reported that 89% of employees waste time and 57% waste about one hour a day while at the workplace. As a result, companies lose out on billions of dollars. That’s why a time tracking app is so important, it can can help to reduce and even eliminate wage and time theft.
How much does wage and time theft really cost?
- In the United States, wage theft costs employees $22 billion a year.
- In the United States, time theft costs employers $11 billion a year.
- In the United States, buddy punching costs employers $373 million a year.
- Accountants have reported 92% of their clients have experienced time theft issues and that on average 5% is added on top of their gross payroll costs.
This growth comes with a toll though – there are too many time clock apps to choose from and it’s hard to tell which one is the best for your business, as each app targets different kinds of companies. But, after reviewing over 50 of the best time clock apps, we came up with a list of the top 7 best time clock apps and we believe we have an awesome list that can help you make the best decision for your business.
The best time clock apps for your business:
The “you must try before choosing other solutions” app.
Aside from being an excellent time clock app, Connecteam seems like the best long-term solution, especially for non-desk employees, as it offers the ability to communicate, organize tasks, schedule jobs, share documents and more. We especially love the in-app chat that integrates with the time clock when doing payroll and being able to easily talk to employees when needed. We are big fans of powerful, yet easy to use solutions, and Connecteam does just that!
Starts at $29 per month for up to 200 users.
- Easily the BEST price offering and the only one that’s not user-based, which allows you to scale without reaching into your pocket whenever you want to add more users.
- Fast to setup and get started. Literally get 30 employees on board before lunch time.
- User friendly and easy to use, especially for people that are not “techy”.
- It’s an all-in-one app. You can use it for pretty much anything with acquiring multiple solutions.
- The time clock can integrate with QuickBooks Online only, and there’s no open API either.
- The employee scheduling feature is more suitable for dispatch and field services companies, and less for restaurants and retail.
More than just clocking in and out
Easily track and manage all employee hours on jobs and projects, improve your payroll process and collaborate with your team like never before.
The best “for restaurants and coffee shops with less than 20 employees” app.
“When I work” is a perfect fit if your business is a restaurant or a small coffee shop. It’s easy to use and we easily understood why it’s so popular among micro businesses. We loved it, and you will too if you need a specific solution for a small team.
The basic plan charges $1.50/user a month and the pro plan costs $2.25/ user monthly.
- The user interface is visually attractive.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- Notifications are sent out to the employees an hour before the shift.
- The application has a fairly limited capability.
- There are several stability issues and reports show that the quality is not the same across all devices.
The best “for companies that need it all and very techy” app.
If you just need to clock in and clock out, this is time clock app is not for you. But, if a swiss knife is your thing – you came to the right place, and your business has its own techy people for the setup process, then T-sheets is the one for you.
There is a $4 monthly fee for every user and scheduling services are available at an additional $1 per user. Between a $16-$80 base fee.
- It is a versatile application that offers users a high level of convenience. It practically has everything you need for your business!
- It allows easy monitoring thanks to the “who’s working” feature.
- The pricing system can be prohibitive for SMBs.
- Set-up requires a lot of time and it is not ideal for people without technical know-how.
- The outdated web interface is a nuisance for desktop users.
The best if you want to track time, send invoices, CRM capabilities, and project management app.
In just a few clicks, you can invite your employees to Avaza. Easily track time either per task or project, start and stop the timer when working, and also take advantage of easy billing and reporting.
There are several available plans. It is possible to avail it for free, though this only includes one timesheet manager and up to 10 employees. Paid plans range from $9.95 to $39.95.
- The product offers great value for money.
- It is easy to use and navigate.
- The app does not offer a lot of features.
- One has to keep adding tasks in order to record historical data.
Easily schedule employees in real-time, change the schedule when demand doesn’t match up, and post about open shifts to nearby locations.
There is a free starter version, but there are many features that can only be used at the price of $3 per user every month.
- It synchronizes really well with Google Calendar.
- The notification system reminds employees of their shifts beforehand.
- There is an incorporated chat room as a means of communication.
- The app has some consistency issues and glitches are not uncommon.
- Information is presented in a somewhat disorganized manner.
Either use a stopwatch or go back and enter hours, choose between a daily or weekly timesheet. Use Harvest on your desktop or for convenience, download the app straight to your mobile device.
Enjoy a free 30 day trial. There is a free plan for just one person and the paid plans begin at $12 a month per user.
- The application is very easy to use.
- It is possible to use it for personal tasks.
- There have been reported discrepancies when it comes to time tracking.
- Tracking is only possible for one task at any given time.
“Jibble” into work or an activity at work, use selfie verification on your mobile phone, create custom reports, and you can also review personal or team, weekly or monthly timesheets.
There is a free plan as well as a power plan that is available for a monthly fee of $2 per user.
- It can be accessed via the web, mobile, or Slack.
- Jibble offers great statistical data.
- There is room for improvement when it comes to the visualization and reporting.
- It can be difficult to use, especially for people without the necessary technical skills.
We hope you found this list useful! There are countless time clock apps, and not all are perfect for everyone. When choosing the best time clock apps, we highly encourage you take into consideration not only the cost and features, but also the fit for your type of employees when evaluating a time clock app.
Easily track and manage work hours
Connecteam’s time clock app has all the right tools for your employees. Clock in and out, request absences, view current and past timesheets, and add notes are a few features that can be done on-the-go. Start tracking time today with Connecteam!Find out more