We know there aren’t enough hours in a day but if you track hours correctly, then you’re already ahead of the competition.
And we aren’t talking about writing down hours worked on a piece of paper, going through Excel spreadsheets, or anything else that involves a manual method. Time and attendance software isn’t a new concept, in fact, many companies are making the digital switch thanks to the countless benefits.
What are the benefits of time and attendance software apps? The list is truly endless but we highlighted a few bullet points below:
- Accurate invoices sent to clients
- Accurate payroll leads to better employee satisfaction & productivity
- Better cost management
- Fair Labor Standards Act requires businesses to keep accurate records
- Real-time data and reports
- Curbing overtime with notifications and reminders
- A survey found 43% of employees commit time theft but a time attendance app curbs the possibility of this due to real-time GPS stamps
Time attendance software can wind up saving your company tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars every single year, just in case the reasons above weren’t enough to convince you to make the switch to a time attendance app. We looked at pricing, ease of use, feature set, popularity, strong customer service, attractive interface, and more to round up the best time attendance software out there, and here’s what we came up with.
7 Best Time Attendance Apps in 2020
If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to choosing the best time attendance app, then that’s where this blog comes in.
Connecteam is the best online time and attendance solution that offers an all-in-one mobile-first solution so managers can efficiently manage their organization from anywhere at any time.
Connecteam’s core online time and attendance features allow for better tracking efficiency:
- Mobile-first solution: no matter where they are, your employees can easily clock in and out directly from their mobile phones.
- GPS empowered: whenever an employee clocks in and out, a timestamp and GPS location is tagged in real-time.
- Geo-fencing: automatically ensure employees are clocking in and out only at the predetermined job location.
- Notifications and reminders: remind employees when it’s time to clock in and clock out. It can even automatically clock them out so you don’t need to deal with endless shifts when doing payroll.
- Timesheets and payroll: Connecteam’s timesheets are easy to navigate and manage, plus it allows for multiple export options that save time.
- Manage everything on the go: Connecteam’s mobile admin tab makes it easy to know who clocked in where and when, view location stamps on a map view, manage absence requests, and more.
Sign up for a premium plan that only costs $29/month for up to 200 users and avoid paying per user. Or you can sign up for the free for life plan that offers killer online time and attendance features for your teams.
On the Go Time Tracking
Easily track and manage work hours on jobs and projects, improve your payroll process and the way you manage timesheets, and collaborate with your out-of-office employees like never before. Quick and easy setup, full implementation support included and you can start for free!
With Timely, you are able to track your team’s time and performance in a single dashboard. With real KPI tracking, you can monitor team performance in terms of key metrics such as capacity. Create a customizable tagging system to know how time is spent. Easily spot missing hours and notify whoever needs to log their hours.
In addition, Timely boasts of the following features:
- Document overtime
- Create and share timesheets for payroll, performance reviews and invoicing
- Integrates seamlessly with many solutions like Asana, Toggl, Freshservice, Todolist, Trello, Wrike, and more.
Price: Speak to a sales representative to learn more about pricing.
Hubstaff prides itself on offering time tracking with screenshots, reporting, and automated payments. Plus, you’re able to track hours with a real-time GPS location, payroll, invoicing, and more. If an employee loses service, the hours are tracked offline and will sync back up once a connection is restored.
Hubstaff also offers the following features for time tracking:
- Detailed reports
- Online timesheets
- Productivity monitoring
- Time off and holidays
- Expense tracking
- Integrated team scheduling
- A central Kiosk app if needed
Price: Their most popular plan is Premium which costs $10/month/user. There is a free 14-day trial as well.
Harvest offers start and stop timers so you can work as needed and all hours are entered into a timesheet at once. So with Harvest, time tracking is suited to your needs and preferences. It’s also easy to track time for specific clients, projects, and tasks. Additionally, you can add notes to the time clock.
With Harvest, you can enjoy these features as well:
- Track expenses
- Track billable hours
- Spot mistakes by seeing how much a person tracked hours every week
- Easy editing
- Timesheet approval
- Automatic reminders
- Available on Mac app or through the Chrome extension, or use the mobile app
- Integrates with some great solutions like Trello, Zendesk, Slack, Asana, Xero, and more
Price: There is a free plan for just one person and two projects. While the paid plan starts at $12/month/user. There is a free 30-day trial.
TSheets is a popular solution to track hours, projects, or even labor estimates. At its core, TSheets boasts of payroll reports, detailed timesheets, workforce visibility, and more.
The following are additional features TSheets offers:
- Available on desktop, mobile, and as a Kiosk
- GPS time stamps
- Geofencing capabilities
- View employee locations with “Who’s Working”
- Alerts and approvals
- Built-in job scheduling
- Team management
- Real-time reports
- Integrates with solutions like QuickBooks, Xero, Square, Dropbox, Salesforce, and more.
Price: The Premium plan will cost $8/month/user while scheduling will be available for$1/user. In addition, there is a $20/month base fee. There is a free 14-day trial.
Get started with Avaza by inviting your employees to track time per project or per-user rates. There is a start and stop timer so you can track work projects on the go. Avaza also offers easy billing and reporting. Easily copy or import timesheets as needed.
With Avaza, you can enjoy these features as well:
- Integrated project management
- Set billable and nonbillable hours
- Assign cost rates per project
- Timesheet approvals
- Expense tracking
- Easy invoicing
Price: Sign up for their free plan otherwise their most popular plan will cost $39.95/month for unlimited project collaborators – however, the user timesheet goes up to 10 with adding more at $5/each.
Toggl is capable of simple time tracking and powerful reporting. Its basic features include one-click timers, tracking reminders, over 100 integrations with other software solutions, a project dashboard, billable rates, and can be set up on any device.
With Toggl, you can also access the following features:
- Estimates and team planning
- Budget projections
- Require specific details for each Time Entry
- Lock old reports to keep your data accurate
- Clean up reports with Time Audits
Price: The premium plan starts at $20/month/user. There is a free 30-day trial.
The Bottom Line on Time and Attendance Software
Regardless of industry type and employee size, the benefits of time attendance software are endless and when there are many affordable time attendance apps, it’s a bit of a no-brainer.
Review the features included in the time attendance app you’re looking for, run a test trial, and see if it really is easy for you and your team to use. It’ll be the best business decision you’ll make!
#1 Time Tracking App
Automate time tracking with simple mobile punch-in and punch-out. Include GPS geo-location, job, project, customer classifications, and more. With intuitive, mobile-first user experience, your staff will find it easy to use requiring no training. Start tracking time today with Connecteam’s employee time clock app!