There are a lot of moving parts when you manage a security guard company – from the employees to the customers – everything is super important, super urgent and on top of it all, there are numerous regulations and a basic hope that you’ll be profitable at the end of the month.
After over 100 security guard companies became customers at Connecteam, we chose to create a blog catered to these users and to answer two relevant questions:
- What challenges did security companies face before choosing Connecteam?
- Why did they choose connecteam and how are they utilizing the app?
What challenges security companies faced before choosing Connecteam:
Keeping everyone in the loop
“As everything is changing on a regular basis, it’s a challenge keeping everyone on the same page.”
“It’s super difficult to get full visibility into who got the message and receiving information from the field from our employees takes too long.”
“It’s a hassle getting real-time information from the field and we use different tools so nothing is recorded and every message is messy with no format.”
Creating an effective schedule that works for everyone
“Creating a predictive schedule in advance and that works for everyone isn’t a task that’s easy to do, and using pen and paper or piles of Excel sheets to get the job done just drowns me in paperwork.”
“Having deskless employees creates a nightmare when it comes to tracking hours. Just like creating a schedule, we have piles of papers and punch cards or endless emails where employees report when they clocked in and out. Plus, we must abide by regulatory laws so we have to ensure we have the correct hours from all our employees.”
On-boarding and training
“Being security guards means taking on greater responsibility and skill, all of which demand a lot of experience and training. We must prepare our staff for all challenges, help them perform at a high level and they should also pass government regulations. However, we find that on-boarding and regular training methods are time-consuming and difficult to organize especially when everyone isn’t in the same location.
“We have a lot of temporary employees so we need to a quick but thorough on-boarding process and it shouldn’t cost us an arm and a leg.”
Give the customer the best experience
“My customers expect the best and modern experience. I work hard to differentiate myself from the competition and offer added value.”
Why hundreds of security companies choose Connecteam as their top solution:
Easy to use
Connecteam is incredibly easy to use, so much so that even the most tech-challenged can get started in seconds. You don’t need to train a single employee, just download and share the company number. That’s it!
Real-time reports to your customers
Prepare to amaze your clients! With Connecteam’s Checklists and Forms capabilities, your employees can fill reports from the client’s site with images, GPS location stamps, online signatures and more. Once completed by the security guard, the report can be sent automatically to any client’s email address and can be viewed from anywhere.
Safety and control
With Connecteam, nothing is saved on the employee’s personal mobile phone so if they leave the company, no company secrets go with them. As an admin on the app, you are truly empowered with highly advanced setting options.
Work contacts are available in the app
Your employees don’t need to manually add, edit or remove work contacts, instead everything is directly available on the app. Simply search for the relevant employee by name, department, location, job role, and more.
A true all-in-one solution
With Connecteam, there’s no need to have multiple tools instead everything is available on our employee app. This allows you to save time, money and resources and even eliminates the headache of jumping from one platform to another.
Affordable like no other
Choose from the perfect monthly plan for you with fixed pricing starting at $29/month for up to 200 users. If you need more than 200 users, there’s an Enterprise plan available at a fixed price as well.
How Connecteam helps you tackle common challenges
Communication is easier
Never miss a beat with your security guards and keep everyone on the same page in the click of a button and track all results from the dashboard to know who read your message and who didn’t.
- Targeted communication: address all or a specific group of employees (like supervisors or those at a specific location) and send updates, relevant information, new protocols, the employee of the month recognition and more.
- Employee directory: it’s easy to find the contact details of your team with full permission management.
- Chat groups and channels: so simple to streamline day-to-day communication easily and efficiently by sending messages to the relevant group or through a private chat. Let your team know what route is best to take or if there is an event at one of the sites or if there was an accident and they need to be aware.
- Realtime push notifications and updates: for both formal and informal announcements, such as operations, CEO update, employee recognition, administrative updates and more.
Scheduling is simple
Connecteam allows you to dispatch jobs or create shifts, additionally, all your employees have direct and instant access to their schedule via their smartphone.
Easily plan ahead and get a real-time overview of where projects stand by knowing where your employees are.
- Assign security guards to shifts based on different locations and customer base
- Supporting multiple teams planning per shift
- Keep records of clock in and out time and location, and even allowing for shift notes and comments
- Allow employees to accept/reject shifts (optional – can be disabled)
- Get time off and vacation requests and being able to view instantly if they were approved or rejected
Tracking hours is easy
Connecteam makes clocking in and out simple and benefit from stamping an employee’s GPS location so avoiding buddy punching and time abuse is a breeze.
Save time on payroll and timesheets by benefiting from Connecteam’s automation of time tracking:
- For clocking in and out of shifts with a GEO location stamp
- Leveraging predefined reminders settings to make sure employees are clocking in and out on time
- Utilizing notes and tags, to address specific needs (like filtering by a customer or specific dates)
- Exporting payroll sheets, per shift or as a total
Automate daily processes
Make all checklists, forms and reports digital so your employees can fill them whenever and from any location. In a click, you can gain feedback from summary reports, daily logs, incident reports, expense reimbursement, equipment checklists, and much more. All those workflows can even be shared automatically with your clients if you’d like.
Easily enhance your daily operations by sending reports from the field to the office in seconds. While on-the-go, employees can fill the following and more:
- Beginning or end of shift report
- Supervisor inspection report
- Incident report
- Accident report
- Alert response report
- Safety hazard/observation report
- Customer complaint report
- Uniform order form
- Vehicle maintenance request
Make all your most common materials available on the app, such as:
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Employee handbook
- Safety and emergency protocols
- Code of ethics
- Uniform policy
- Sexual harassment policy
All information is available on your employee’s smartphone from training material to procedures, protocols, videos and more.
Whenever a new hire joins the team, give them the best first day ever by offering the 21st century experience:
- A formal letter welcoming the employee to the company
- Go through a “New employee checklist” to ensure nothing gets missed
- Personal information form (personal info, contact info, emergency contact)
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement
- Criminal record application
- Get a copy of the new hire’s ID and other relevant documents
- Health and safety training
- Uniform, badge and other equipment signings
Improve professional skills on a regular basis by allowing for all relevant material to be available at the click of a button:
- Health and safety training
- Sexual harassment training
- Equipment usage and maintenance
- Test and quizzes
Connecteam is used by security companies for compliance purposes. ‘Read and sign’ forms are common, as well as periodical refresh training. All documents are logged, and auto sent as a pdf copy to predefined email(s) that can be customized per each form, and users can export a summary report at any time.
Read and sign documents:
- Employee handbook acknowledgment
- Uniform agreement
- Sexual harassment policy
- Other read and sign documents
Periodical refresher training:
- Sexual harassment training
- Emergency protocols training
- Campus familiarity training
- Protocols refresh training
Take human resources to the next level
Automate processes and gain better control over workforce-related issues:
- Refer a friend: it’s that easy for your employees to recommend friends for a position which helps increase your recruitment reach.
- Vacation/sick leave request management: users receive auto-updates if requests were denied or approved.
- Personal information form for on-boarding new employees (personal info, contact info, emergency contact, documents such as tax forms /photo ID, etc.)
- Updating contact information like address, name, email, bank account and more.
- Employee satisfaction survey which you can send weekly or monthly or anytime you choose.
Connecteam is a true all-in-one solution, with so many capabilities, that can take your business forward. Plus, at its price, it’s a no-brainer. Start your free plan now and feel free to message us with any questions at [email protected].
Join hundreds of security companies that rely on Connecteam
Connecteam’s security guard app is all about providing a true all-in-one experience for deskless employees, that’s both powerful and easy to use. Our security guard management software comes at the most affordable price and with our unique fixed price plans for up to 200 users, so you know exactly what you’re paying for from day one. Start saving time, money and resources today with Connecteam’s security guard app!Start for free