Nowadays everyone has a smartphone, and work phone calls are the most used tool in your day-to-day work grind. In the push of a button, you can easily reach one another like never before. As a result of this revolution, numbers prove that employees engage in almost four phone calls hourly! With that being said, we can only assume that work calls and smartphones are here to stay.
Here’s the kicker, 10 years into the mobile revolution, we understand that there are still a few critical problems that prevent the mobile phone from becoming the ideal solution for business. Problems include:
- Employees need to add, remove and update an employee contact whenever someone new joins the company, leaves the company or changes his role or phone number.
- Employees don’t have all the relevant data per employee, except for a phone number, office number, or an email address.
- Sometimes employees need to search for a phone number according to a job title because they don’t know the full name of who they’re searching for.
- Employees keep all phone numbers and details of other employees even after leaving the company, this can be sensitive information that you don’t want your employees retaining.
- When a new employee joins the company, you want him to be up and running the same day, instead of being bogged down with manual entry of all his coworkers.
Today, companies try to tackle these problems with old methods like “Contact Pages” but most of the time, these pages are not up to date. Or maybe the company uses a website with all employee contact information but in order for that to work, the employee needs to spend 5-10 mins searching, so they just don’t bother to use it.
What’s the solution to the problems above? An employee directory software, which is a web software or a mobile app that contains all employee contacts in real time.
What are the benefits of using an employee directory software?
- Employees can easily and quickly access any employee info from anywhere.
- It’s always up to date with all employees and their necessary information.
- Employees can easily do an advanced search, not only by name, but by location, department, job title, or email.
- It’s super secure so when an employee leaves the company, they lose all the details that the directory included.
Today, there are three top employee directory softwares that dominate the market:
Connecteam is an all-in-one employee app that is super easy to use and has tons of features that make communication between employees a piece of cake. If you have a large number of deskless employees, Connecteam is perfect for you.
- Advanced search – quickly find who you’re looking for by searching via name, role, branch, department, location, birthday or anything else in a user’s profile.
- Mobile first directory – an easy way to communicate from one place and in seconds.
- Advanced settings – decide who appears in the directory and which profile attributes are visible.
- Chat – make calls, send emails or text messages and even start a live chat.
- So much more- Connecteam has more than just an employee directory software, it also features like media sharing, social posts, updates, surveys, a suggestion box and more.
Price: Connecteam is the only company that features fixed pricing instead of per user. So for just $29/month for up to 200 users, and ranging up to $72/month, you can enjoy all the features that Connecteam has to offer. If you need more than 200 users, there is an Enterprise plan available for a fixed monthly price as well.
If you have licenses for ALL your employees to Office 365, then Skype is a good solution as an employee directory software. Via your mobile phone, desktop or tablet, you can easily chat or call whoever you need. If you’re a high tech company, Skype is best for you.
- Screen sharing – share whatever you need, such as presentations or photos.
- Record a call so you can always go back and listen to key information.
- Get a local number in any country or region.
Price: When you’re calling a Skype user, it’s totally free. However, if you need to call landlines or mobile phones without Skype, it can cost around 2.3 cents per minute and has a 4.9-cent connection fee.
If you are an Enterprise company that uses a SAP product then this is the best employee directory software for you.
- Decision making – Boost decision making during a work emergency.
- Employee Search/lookup option – Locate employee files and data from anywhere, without delay.
Price: In terms of price, you’ll need to request a demo to then be presented with a price quote.
The takeaway of using the right employee directory software for your business:
With all of that in mind, the most commonly used work tool in your mobile phone is the directory. An employee directory software allows you to easily and quickly find who you’re looking for. But an employee directory is more than just finding someone, it helps you with your everyday tasks and gets you the information you need to achieve your goals. What do we mean by that? You’re engaged with your colleagues, know who sits where in an organizational chart so you know who to contact especially if the main person is on vacation, and easily search for people to help you out based on their skills and expertise. That’s why having an employee directory software that is easy to use is crucial to your business.