The roofing industry deals with many moving parts, from creating estimates to tracking job progress to communicating with workers and clients to creating an efficient schedule, and the list just goes on.
And seeing as the industry is set to grow by 2.2% this year, efficiency is the same of the game.
As such, many roofing companies are turning to a roofing business management app to be able to automate daily tasks. The benefits of using a roofing app include easily creating accurate estimates, a simple scheduling process, and smooth customer relationships.
Most of the typical features available on a roofing business management app include scheduling, work order management, invoicing, digital checklists and reports, CRM, taking photos of the job site for records and client management, and also quotes and estimates.
We took a look at the best roofing app available based on the criteria listed above, and also considered price, ease of use, and more, to come up with the 7 best roofing app solutions in 2021.
7 Best Roofing Apps in 2021
As the leading roofing app, Connecteam is used by hundreds of roofing and construction companies worldwide. It’s easy to use, doesn’t require any training, offers robust features, and is easy on the back pocket.
Connectam’s roofing business management app offers the following features:
Scheduling and dispatching:
- Easily schedule and dispatch jobs with an intuitive & easy-to-use drag and drop scheduling platform
- Assign employees to shifts based on different locations
- Add real-time information to the schedule to address customer requests, like tasks to do, attachments, & more
Time tracking & timesheets:
- Robust time-tracking features allows your crew to clock in and out right from their mobile device
- Each time an employee clocks in and out, a real-time timestamp and GPS location is tagged
- A user-friendly solution to save you time and allow you to manage remote employee timesheets
Digital checklists & reports:
- Employees can send reports (such as installation and maintenance checklists) straight to the office while out in the field
Safety and awareness:
- Direct access to the knowledge base for safety policies, training materials, and an employee handbook with all the different processes available
- Ongoing safety training allows managers and safety officers to know how each employee is progressing, like with a course or quiz.
- Easily distribute and communicate safety-related updates and protocols in real-time
Price: Compared to the other tools, Connectam roofing business management app offers the best pricing option as it doesn’t charge for each employee and offers fixed monthly pricing options for up to 50 users. Pricing starts at just $39/month for up to 50 users and there is even a free for life plan available. A free 14-day trial is available as well.
#1 Roofing App, Take It For A Spin
JobNimbus is a CRM and project management software that also offers a roofing solution so you can manage everything in one place. The software allows you to track jobs, manage production, maintain your worker’s schedules, have all contacts in one place, and much more.
This is a list of some of the features available on JobNimbus:
- Interactive boards
- Drag and drop features
- Attach job photos, contracts, estimates, etc.
- Calendar view for job scheduling
- Syncs with Google Calendar
- Task management
- Invoicing and payments
Price: If you need a basic plan then you’re looking at $25/month/user. While their most popular plan runs at $35/month/user. Lastly, they have the whole package available for $75/month/user. There is also a free 14-day trial.
AccuLynx makes it easy to bring your business together in one platform. It makes it easier to simplify your sales process, cuts out manual tasks, keeps everyone on the same page, and more.
The following are features available on AccuLynx to help your roofing business:
- Take photos of a job, add annotations, and share them
- Aerial Measurement Ordering
- Lead API
- Project management
- Material ordering
- Labor management
- All job permits, supplements, and mortgage checks in one place
- Customer portal
Price: You need to fill a form out to have a pricing quote emailed to you.
Jobber is an estimating and management solution for your roofing business. The most basic features they offer include payments, deposits, GPS waypoints, time tracking, scheduling, routing, and customer communication.
A more detailed rundown of Jobber’s features include:
- Visit the job site, issue the quote to the customer, collect the customer’s signature, receive the deposit, and send an invoice.
- GPS waypoints allow you to automatically track your crew’s locations
- Timesheets are automatically updated for payroll purposes
- Your team can clock in and out from the Jobber app
- Assign various workers to different jobs
- Routes can be automatically made
- Work requests allow you to bring on leads
Price: Their most popular plan costs $139/month for up to 7 users. There is also a free 14-day trial.
Buildertrend is a popular choice as it doesn’t charge per user or location when it comes to a roof measuring app. However, based on the features you need to successfully manage your roofing business, the plan you choose will vary, meaning the price varies. Therefore, be sure you understand which features are must-haves to effectively run your organization.
The following are their most common features:
- Pre-sale process like estimates and proposals
- Email marketing
- Project management
- Financial tools like invoicing, purchase orders, time clock, etc.
- Customer management
Price: For the first three months, their most basic plan will cost $99/month.
JobProgress is more of a “business productivity” solution that focuses on these key features: customer relations, business development, management, and field operations.
Below is a list of some of their most popular features:
- Workflow manager
- Mobile app option
- Sales and marketing
- Quoting and scheduling
- Employee and subcontractor management
- Contracts and proposals quickly created
Price: There is a single pricing option, $60/month/user. There is also a one time $750 setup fee.
7. The EDGE
The EDGE estimator is a roof estimate app that offers an automated solution for takeoff and estimating under one roof. It is also possible to measure tapered insulation and standing seam metal roofing on the EDGE.
These are some of their features:
- Trade-specific solutions
- Cloud based software
- Detailed reporting
Price: Contact a representative to learn more about your pricing options.
Summarizing The Best Roofing Apps In 2021
The roofing industry is on a good projection for growth in 2020 and beyond, and as such, it requires advanced technologies like a roofing app to stay ahead of the competition and drive revenue.
Based on the benefits that a roofing app offers and its most common features, roofing owners can expect a more streamlined and automated process in daily operations.
Scale Your Roofing Business
Work smarter and grow your roofing business with Connecteam’s all-in-one roofing app. Whether it’s scheduling projects, tracking time, enhancing safety and awareness, and more, it’s all available under one roof.