Table of contents
- Our Top Picks:
- What To Look For In a Retail Management App
- Top 10 Retail Apps To Manage Your Employees
- What is an App for Retail Stores?
- How Do Apps for Retail Businesses Work?
- What Are The Benefits of Retail Management Apps?
- How Much Do Apps for Retail Businesses Cost?
- The Bottom Line On The Top 10 Retail Apps
As a retail manager, you must be fed up juggling so many responsibilities. Keeping the store clean, recruiting, handling payroll, creating organized schedules – the list goes on and on.
But it doesn’t need to be this way. A quality retail app that you can easily access on your mobile device can help alleviate these issues.
It can reduce employee turnover, quickly train and teach employees with quality selling techniques, and communicate with them in a language that they can relate to.
But with so many retail apps on the market, where do you even begin? Through extensive research, we know exactly which retail apps are going to save your business time and money in the long run.
Our Top Picks:
1. Connecteam – Best all-in-one app for retail stores.
2. Prisync – Best for price tracking.
3. Omnia Dynamic Pricing – Best for pricing optimization.
Start Running Your Retail Business With Complete Ease & Efficiency
Create optimal job schedules, manage tasks, boost employee engagement, and more – all with the click of a button.
What To Look For In a Retail Management App
When looking for a good retail employee app, keep an eye out for the following aspects and features:
- Ease of use: It’s easy to set up and offers an intuitive user experience.
- Customizability: It’s customizable to suit your team structures.
- Employee management: It allows you to effectively manage your employees. This ideally includes tools for scheduling, time tracking, task management, and communication.
- Inventory administration: You can keep track of your inventory and manage supplies and orders.
- Customer relationship management (CRM): It includes tools that allow you to improve your relationships with existing customers, and potentially also find new and prospective customers.
- Reporting: You can view and sort data in the system and generate reports.
- Point of sales (POS) tools: You can streamline your sales process and business operations.
- Price: It is cost-friendly and suits your budget.
- Support: It comes with good customer support to help you with any issues.
Top 10 Retail Apps To Manage Your Employees
Connecteam is an award-winning all-in-one retail management app that helps retail businesses of all sizes manage their employees and streamline daily operations with one simple tool. It includes numerous features for handling any operational, communication, and HR matters.
Its Scheduling feature allow you to quickly create optimal schedules for your employees based on their availability, with recurring shifts, customizable templates, drag & drop capabilities, and open shift claiming. You can also add key shift information and tasks and set up automatic reminders.
With the Time Clock your employees can clock in and out straight from their cellphones or use a single Kiosk station like a tablet. Workhours are automatically record onto a digital timesheet and ready for payroll processing. As an admin, you have a complete real-time overview of who has clocked in, when, and from where. You can even set up digital geofences around your workplaces to restrict from which area your employees can clock in and out – eliminating buddy punching and time theft.
It’s Communication features allow you to reach each and every employee with one-on-one and team chats, share your latest company updates, and make important documents and policies directly accessible to your entire workforce.
Its Task Management features allows you to easily create, delegate, and track real-time progress on tasks. Directly message or send your employees push-reminders to ensure that all tasks get completed. Streamline workflows with custom digital forms and checklists – all from one place.
And thats only the tip of the iceberg.
The #1 Retail App For Your Business
Save time and effort on daily retail operations with the Connecteam retail app!
Prisync’s app for retail stores is a price tracking and dynamic pricing software for all business sizes (including small businesses and large enterprises). Some of its relevant features for retail stores include: regular price updates, integrations with any e-commerce software, daily reports on stock availability, and much more. What’s most impressive about Prisync is that it gives managers data so that they can adjust prices for a greater profit margin.
Managers who are in need of pricing optimization software can use Omnia Dynamic Pricing to take control of all pricing, saving time and boosting profits in the process. This retail app has an algorithm that enhances internal data with external data to find optimal pricing.
Founded in 1991, Visual Retail Plus is a software solution that is a modular application with CRM, POS, reporting, and inventory management. Activate a loyalty program, manage returns and commission and generally become a better retail manager with this easy-to-use retailer app.
As a software solution, NCR Counterpoint offers a wide variety of features relevant to retail companies such as Mobile POS, built-in customer loyalty, configurable reporting, mobile marketing, inventory management, and automated purchasing. Receive custom made alerts and use e-commerce integrations as well.
Comment selling on Facebook is a new, growing trend that retail stores are quickly taking notice of. With CommentSold, users can post photos of products and write a “sold” comment easily. Now, users can reach an even larger audience on Facebook with Facebook groups, Facebook Live, and Facebook Messenger.
Additionally, CommentSold allows for inventory management, automated invoicing, and an omni-channel experience.
LS Nav is a retailer app that is a brilliant unified commerce solution. This means that users can easily track stock levels in real-time, track sales and productivity; whether it’s at a physical location, e-commerce management platforms, or a mobile app. Additionally, users can monitor KPIs (key performance indicators) and also manage inventory.
Mobile apps as a retail business is a convenient and easy-to-use solution that can increase productivity as Snappii Mobile apps as a retail business is a convenient and easy-to-use solution that can increase productivity as Snappii organizes product information, allows for total control, tracks the status of all items and enables mobile payment. Simply choose from Snappii’s 400+ ready-made app templates or they can create a free must-have app for the specific user. It also offers s limited free plan which you can use to create a free retail app.
In need of fast billing, inventory, cloud POS, easy integration, CRM, customer loyalty, and multi-store management? GoFrugal POS Software is a useful solution. It also includes a free plan to use as a free retail app.
What is an App for Retail Stores?
A retail store app is a digital software solution that helps business owners and store managers streamline their daily processes straight from their mobile devices. It can include a variety of features for managing your employees, inventory, customer relations, and point of sale (POS) activities. It often also has analytics and reporting tools to view data in the system and gain important insights into your operations.
You and your team can download the retail employee app onto your mobile devices straight from your app store.
How Do Apps for Retail Businesses Work?
While each retail communication app works differently and offers varying sets of features, they generally all allow you to set up automations and customizations according to your business needs. It usually also includes a dashboard where you can see an overview of your operations, keep track of data, and generate reports.
It most commonly includes features for managing employees, inventory, customer relations, and point of sales.
In addition, apps for retail business most often also collect data on your processes managed in the system, which you can view and use to generate reports.
What Are The Benefits of Retail Management Apps?
The main benefits of using a retail store app include that it helps:
- Streamline processes: It helps you organize, simplify, and automate your daily business operations and decreases the effort required for repetitive manual tasks. And as it often includes tools for managing all aspects of your retail business, it can be a one-stop shop for managing all of your daily processes.
- Saves time & money: Digitalizing and automating your processes helps reduce time spent on doing this manually. This can help you lower administrative, labor, and operational costs. It also minimizes human error, such as payments for unnecessary overtime.
- Real-time visibility & reports: Data collected across the entire business by retail store applications provide valuable insights for your analysis and decision-making process.
How Much Do Apps for Retail Businesses Cost?
The pricing of retail management apps largely differs per provider and often depends on the number of users and the feature package. It often ranges from $20 to hundreds of dollars per month. Particularly those that charge per user can get rather expensive if you’re working with a large team. Some providers also offer a free retail app with some basic capabilities.
Note that high pricing does not necessarily equal a better user experience. Our number one pick for retail employee apps, Connecteam, offers premium plans at a flat monthly rate of $29 for the first 30 employees.
How do you attract retail customers?
While each retail shop is different, there are some baseline ways to successfully attract new customers to your retail business. These include:
- Design an inviting storefront.
- Gathering customer reviews.
- Have an engaging & easy-to-navigate website.
- Connect with customers on social media.
- Engage in email marketing.
- Use paid digital advertising.
- Engage in relevant business events.
- Offer online customer service.
- Start a blog.
How can I communicate better in retail?
Communication in your retail business can be challenging – especially as the majority of your employees don’t sit together behind a desk. Modern retail communication apps are specifically designed to keep your employees connected, engaged, and up-to-date with company announcements and policies. Connecteam is an example of an excellent and affordable retail communication app.
What is a POS system?
Point of sale (POS) or point of purchase are terms used to describe where you make retail transactions. This can, for instance, be a cash register in a store, a credit card paypoint, or a digital check out for online purchases. A POS system is the hardware or software you use to accept payments from customers and keep track of sales.
The Bottom Line On The Top 10 Retail Apps
Knowing the challenges your retail store is facing is one thing. But by researching tools that can help you overcome these issues, you can focus on the big picture – earning more profit to keep your doors open.
With the rise of online shopping and the desire for quick delivery, the customer base, as we know it, is evolving. Retail stores must do everything in their power to stay ahead of the competition. Doing the following two things is a good place to start:
- Ensure that your employees are well trained and ready for anything.
- Make sure that operations are running as smoothly as possible.
These two responsibilities are at the forefront of every retail manager’s mind and for good reason, without the two running like a well-oiled machine, nothing would succeed.
Many retail managers and business owners of retail shops are turning to retail apps so that the mundane tasks and effectiveness of all employee management needs are met with exceptional precision. Have a good look through the retail apps we listed above and make the best choice for yourself, your employees, and your retail store.
Manage Your Retail Employees From One Place
Use Connecteam’s retail app to save your store and employees time and effort!