When starting a carpet cleaning business there are a lot of aspects to consider. Should I franchise? How do I choose my location from which to operate? Which tools do I need to buy? How can I attract customers? All these are very valid concerns and you will no doubt encounter them more than once on your shaggy road to carpet cleaning fortune.
However, these are general problems associated with running your own carpet cleaning business, such as receiving reports from the field, assigning cleaning jobs to the right staff, streamlining communication and training, and so much more. These challenges alone have caused many managers and owners of carpet cleaning companies to turn to carpet cleaning business apps so they can turn even the most successful carpet cleaning business into an empire.
Not totally convinced about the power of carpet cleaning business apps?
Here are the numbers:
- 78% of small business owners believe that carpet cleaning business apps make them more productive.
- Almost 50% agree that apps have directly helped their sales team increase sales and revenue.
- 291 small business owner hours and 589 employee hours are saved using carpet cleaning apps.
- If all companies with less than 20 employees were to use carpet cleaning apps that improve productivity, an estimated 1.2 billion owner hours could be saved each year.
On top of it all, the carpet cleaning industry is expected to keep growing in revenue through 2020. Annually, the carpet cleaning industry, in the US alone, generates on average $5 billion in revenue – this is why it’s so important to address the common challenges the industry is up against and to know exactly how carpet cleaning apps can help ease the tension so you can focus on the big picture.
Carpet cleaning apps can save you time and money and make your cleaning business more efficient. However, it comes down to choosing the right ones and that’s precisely why we rolled up our sleeves and did our homework to present you with a list of the top must-have apps. Each one is designed to take your business forward so you can rake in that revenue.
8 Must-Have Apps for Carpet Cleaning Companies
Connecteam’s cleaning business software is the only all-on-one mobile-first solution that allows you to manage your carpet cleaning company from anywhere. Al the tools you need to communicate with your team, schedule jobs, track time, and organize and grow your business is available in the click of a button.
Carpet cleaning companies who use Connecteam on a day-to-day basis told us about the main benefits of Connecteam to their business:
- Receiving reports and forms in real-time: day-to-day operations are a core function to run your carpet cleaning company. Connecteam’s checklists & reports are designed to remove friction from day-to-day activities and automate information flow, for example, daily service summary checklists and COVID-19 daily health declaration report for cleaners.
- Simplified time tracking and payroll process with GPS location stamps: Connecteam allows you to easily track work hours, send automatic reminders to ensure cleaners are clocking in and out in and out, and more.
- Flexible schedules for easy planning and distribution: with a simple drag and drop planning board and templates, assigning service calls to carpet cleaners is easy and quick. Plus, Connecteam’s job scheduling feature provides all the relevant information to their carpet cleaners daily and all from one place.
- Onboarding new hires, read and sign forms and training: it’s quick and efficient to onboard new carpet cleaners and get them up to speed with read and sign forms and training, your carpet cleaners have a structured onboarding experience that is simple yet effective. (Read more insights here about training your cleaning staff.)
- Targeted communication allows you to reach every single cleaner: Connecteam’s cleaning business solution provides advanced communication features such as chat groups and channels, real-time push notifications, updates directly to your employee’s mobile phone, employee directory, and more so you can reach every single cleaner in your team.
- Safety resources and training: carpet cleaning companies raise their safety standards by providing employees with all the information they need on hazardous materials, safety reports in real-time, and more!
Pricing: Connecteam is available at a fixed monthly price, starting at $39/month for up to 200 users. Or you can sign up for the free plan and can upgrade at any time!
#1 Carpet Cleaning App
Workiz is a carpet cleaning software for small-medium carpet cleaning businesses. With Workiz, carpet cleaners can grow their business by ditching antiquated business management methods such as pen and paper, Excel spreadsheets and Google Calendar. Workiz provides an easy-to-use platform that allows them to manage their scheduling, invoicing, online booking, automatic customer notifications and payment processing. One of its unique selling points is its service phone system.
In the carpet cleaning industry, most jobs start out with a phone call. Customers call for information, estimates and to book services. Workiz Service Phone System allows carpet cleaners to answer calls, reduce job cancellations and optimize ad spend. It includes features such as call recording, call masking, and call conferencing. It is an industry-first, patented technology, that provides carpet cleaning business owners with a full communications suite, powered by advanced AI and machine learning.
Pricing: Workiz starts as low as $65 a month and is based on the number of pro users on the account.
If your business operates through sharing lots of information, then this file hosting service often referred to as the ‘godfather of cloud storage’ could be very handy as it enables you to store files digitally in one central place.
It’s easy to use and will keep your videos, documents, and pictures safe. It offers 2GB of free storage.
Pricing: If you need more space then you’ll have to pay for it. There’s Dropbox Plus which will give you 1TB of space and then there’s also Dropbox Professional and Business which will also offer more space and functionality. It’s up to you whether you want to pay monthly or yearly. Pricing depends on your billing country and the subscription you select.
This handy messenger tool is not just convenient to send messages and files between friends and family – it can be used by businesses too. What’s more, WhatsApp will soon launch a free business app, so keep an eye out for any announcements. In the interim, it’s available on iPhones, Android, and Windows Phones.
If you make use of this app it will connect through your company’s internet connection so there won’t be expensive calling charges. You can send unlimited messages and documents files of up to 100Mb. The ticks next to the messages will indicate whether the message has been sent (single tick), delivered (double tick), and read (when the tick turns blue). If your employees are on the move, they can also send audio and video messages.
Pricing: Depends on your internet, data charges, and the usage thereof.
You can use this project management app to track your team’s work, manage projects, and share tasks.
It’s easy to manage the progress of projects when asking for the overview option. You can list all the necessary tasks and assign team members to do them. You can add and subtract members to the project without having to create an entirely new project. Note that the basic functions are free but if you want more functionality then you have to pay for it. You wouldn’t ditch email altogether as the basic version sends you notifications every time a team member leaves a comment.
Pricing: There’s a free basic version, otherwise there’s Premium ($9.99 per month) and an Enterprise version – price available on request.
If your employees are on the go all the time from one customer to another then these maps and traffic navigation app would be a handy tool for them. It helps you find the most efficient route to where you need to go and it will provide you with road reports, accidents, police traps, and will warn you of other road hazards that you’d rather avoid.
It offers a fast way to navigate and boasts a strong community base. The app crowdsources its data from other drivers that are also on route offering real-time information.
Critics say the layout of the app is cluttered which can be confusing and increases the chances of pressing the wrong thing. Other data that it provides can clog up your screen so for a better interface many recommend Google Maps instead. It can also chew your battery and data.
Onfleet manages and analyzes local deliveries with simple software.
Simple and comprehensive dashboard, color-coded statuses, filters and search, accurate ETAs, real-time alerts, automatically delivered text messages to customers, a variety of integrated apps, and route optimization.
Pricing: Starts at $125 / month, which includes 100 monthly tasks and a 14-day free trial. The number of drivers and dispatches is unlimited.
Salesforce is a customer relationship management (CRM) software solution available from the Apple App Store or Google Play. You can use it to close deals, service customers, track marketing, and share files on any device.
It has artificial intelligence built into your CRM and its analytics can give every employee access to data-driven insights anywhere and at any time. Essentially, business owners can run their sales and marketing from their phones using Salesforce. There’s a 30-month free trial that you can try out to ensure the product is right for you and your business.
Pricing: The more people that make use of this app the more you pay. For example, it’s Lightning Essentials package can be accessible for up to 5 users and will cost you $25 a month. The Lightning Professional package is available for any size team and costs $75 a month. If you need unlimited access to most of the features on offer you’ll be charged $300 per month.
The Bottom Line On Carpet Cleaning Business Apps
There are plenty of apps out there that can help your business run more smoothly. While some of the products may be free or cheap you have to keep in mind that they may not be so easy to adopt or integrate into your existing IT infrastructure. Before using such tools, make sure you find out the cost of integration and make use of any free trials so that you can determine if the app is right for your business.
Leading Carpet Cleaning App
Connecteam’s cleaning app is the perfect tool to manage your staff and day-to-day operations From job scheduling to time tracking to daily cleaning checklists and reports to professional training and onboarding, and so much more.Learn more