The ability to communicate with employees simply and easily is one of the foundation stones of productive and efficient work. Organizations always try to tackle the difficulty of reaching the entire staff, synchronizing everyone and getting data from the work-field in a simple, fast and credible manner.
In the last 4 years, we saw a massive shift from an organizational portal, emails, bulletin boards and screens scattered around the office, to an employee app.
How can you know if your organization is ready for an employee app? Which organizations need it desperately and what problems does it solve? If you identify with the notions and situations in this list, you’ll know for sure the need exists.
The Need for an Employee App
- More than half of your employees don’t have access to a computer, don’t have company email and can’t be contacted on a daily basis.
- Paper, pens, faxes and bulletin boards are still used to convey and receive information.
- Managers and employees spend a lot of time on phone calls.
- You don’t have an organizational portal or if you do have one, but less than 15% of the employees use it.
- You can’t convey immediate messages and make sure everyone read the message.
- Getting all employee signatures on one document takes 3 days or more.
Examining Work Departments
- Organizational polls are considered a tiring burden, and as such, are only performed at a low frequency.
- The bulletin board is the only place for you to take pride in your best employees list.
- You get amazing feedback from a customer but don’t have any good platforms to share it with the rest of the employees.
- The first time your employees see the organization’s new commercial is at the same time as everyone else, i.e. the general public.
- You only see organizational engagement in conferences but can’t recreate it inside the organization itself.
- You don’t have an efficient way to provide access to new positions the organization offers to all employees.
- The employees don’t recommend their friends to work for the organization.
- Choosing a holiday gift is a long, tiring process.
- You don’t have a good platform to post pictures from company events, happy hours, etc.
- You can’t personally congratulate an employee on their birthday, wedding and other important life events.
- You still need to get all employees in one room for simple instructions.
- All needed catalogs, manuals and guides are not immediately accessible to all employees.
- It takes more than 20 minutes to schedule a training meeting and figure out who should attend it.
- Immediately sending out a satisfaction poll to all participants after training is considered day-dreaming.
- You can’t receive requests from employees regarding what training they need.
The ability to reach the entire workforce is a basic need that shouldn’t be left unanswered in this day and age. This ability provides the infrastructure for different departments and allows all service providers in the organization to do their job much faster and in a simpler fashion. This begs the question: what’s the ideal employee app for your business?
Pick the Right Employee App for Your Business
Connecteam is the ideal free employee app, designed for HR managers who are in close contact with deskless or remote employees.
Available on both mobile and desktop, Connecteam’s HR hub makes it super easy to train your employees, assess their knowledge, recognize their achievements, oversee all steps of their employment, and manage their administrative documents from one place.
Connecteam’s key HR Features include:
- Easy employee training: With Connecteam’s employee training software, you can onboard new employees and train existing ones just as effectively, by sharing learning resources in the form of PDF files, videos, images, and building comprehensive media libraries to cover virtually any topic.
- Test employees’ knowledge with quizzes: Put your employees’ understanding of these topics to the test with a fully customizable online quiz app. Set scores for each quiz and give appropriate feedback instantly.
- Recognize your employees’ achievements: With Employee recognition and rewards, you can celebrate every great moment produced by your employees – from welcoming them on their first day to highlighting personal milestones such as employee spotlights and anniversaries.
- Oversee your workers’ employment history (and future): Connecteam’s timeline feature makes it easy to evaluate your employees and have a clear view of all of their big milestones throughout their employment. Preparing for salary raises and annual reviews is simple!
- Easy access to employees’ administrative documents: With the documents feature, uploading and managing all types of employee documents has never been easier. Ditch the piles of time-wasting paper documents and make all documents digital from here on out.
The Bottom Line on Employee Apps
From our experience, the real fun begins once the infrastructure is placed and the true needs of the organization and its employees rise to the surface.
Slowly and gradually, you’ll be able to see the changing dynamics in the organization.
If you are ready to check whether your organization is ready for an employee app, Connecteam is here for you.
Be where your employees are
With employees on-the-go in today’s modern world, there is often a disconnect between managers and employees – Connecteam closes the gap and puts information in your employees’ fingertips. Connecteam gives employees the tool to always stay in the loop, enables continuous dialogue of feedback and ideas, and empowers employees to take charge and become company advocates.