However the COVID-19 pandemic affected your business, one thing’s for certain: the end is not yet in sight.
With that being said, there’s no reason that your business can’t ride the post-pandemic wave, and be raring to go for 2022.
We’ve now been living in a new and changed world for almost two years; if you’re only now wondering how to make sure your business has fully adapted to the new reality, then we’re here to help!
Here’s everything you need to know about how to make your business ready to start off 2022 with a bang!
Your 2022 Business Upgrade Checklist
Sounds scary? It doesn’t need to be. The following tips are probably things you’ve been already thinking about, or meaning to get around to doing; either way, take this as the sign you were looking for!
Nowadays, it just makes no sense to try and do everything yourself. For one thing, there aren’t enough hours in the day; for another there’s really no need.
Introducing: The concept of digital delegation. This means, offloading some of the tasks that aren’t really necessary for you to get done, and instead finding other, digital means. Sounds strange? From ordering a supermarket delivery, to robot vacuum cleaners, digital delegation is all around us.
So if it’s already a widely-accepted ‘thing’, why can’t you digitally delegate your business management and scaling activity? With all-in-one business management apps like Connecteam, you’ll get a super-affordable range of tools and features for cross-departmental communication, employee time and scheduling management, including:
- Easily assign team members to tasks
- Create automation for day to day workflows
- Let employees contribute more by engaging your team and let them engage one another
…and more besides! Who doesn’t want to save time, contribute to their employees’ accountability, gain a bird’s-eye-view and beyond, to scale your business?
The time has come for you to offload as many administrative and unnecessary business and employee-related tasks. And 2022 is the perfect time to put this into practice.
Revamp Your Customer Experience
‘Customer experience’ is such a wide-ranging term. But, for you as a business owner, you need to think about the exact experience your customer gets from the second they are aware of your existence, until the time they (hopefully) buy and leave with a great impression.
You should think carefully about:
- The language you’re using to describe your products and services, as well as the story you’re telling
- Your website or social media pages’ color scheme and design
- Your customer service
- Your marketing in general
…and what kind of impression these are providing your customers’ with. If there’s anything that’s unclear to you, or that could bother your customers (such as broken links or not knowing where they should go next on the page), then it needs to be fixed, ASAP.
Listen, we totally get it that social media isn’t for everyone.
But, for your customers, the way they interact with you and your business has changed in the past 20 years (and even during the pandemic itself). That means, they’re more likely to check out your social media pages and see how you represent yourself, and even what other customers are saying, before they commit to buying anything from you.
For you, that means you tend to get onto social media, if you haven’t done so already.
If you’re stuck for potential content ideas, then you could start off by posting details about:
- Your latest products and services
- Your own story of your business’ background and origin
- Anything exciting that’s relevant; for example, national holidays
Get Your Business 2022-Ready with Connecteam
What’s the quickest, easiest way to get your business ready for 2022, you ask?
Ready to roll out in under 2 minutes, Connecteam is the best way for you to get 2022 off to a flying start. Purpose-built for deskless and remote teams, and widely loved by 20,000 businesses (just like yours), it’s jam-packed with super intuitive features your business’ bottom line will thank you for!
- Keep your payroll nice and tight with the employee time clock feature: make it easy for your employees to clock in and out on time and from the right work location, easily stay in compliance with payroll regulations like breaks and overtime, and save loads of time and money every month on your employee timesheets.
- No more scheduling nightmares: take all of the hard work out of the ongoing headache that is employee shift scheduling, with drag and drop schedules, automated notifications for employee unavailability and conflict flagging…and even let your employees claim shifts that are going spare!
- Keep in touch with everyone: chat 1:1 or as a group, or share a social feed-style update that even allows you to track who’s seen it and interacted with it (and then send reminders to those who haven’t yet gotten around to it)
…and that’s only the very beginning of what Connecteam can do to help you manage and scale your business in 2022!