Instantly create and share employee schedules with your non-desk teams and ensure every shift runs smoothly from one place
Take control and save time with our employee scheduling app
Trusted by Over 36,000 Companies Worldwide
Learn about employee scheduling in 2 minutes
step 1 | PLANNING
Create optimal schedules with ease
- Quickly build schedules with templates, duplications, and recurring shifts
- Have full visibility of your employees’ availability, qualifications, time off, and preferences
- Avoid costly mistakes by setting regulatory limitations and spotting inconsistencies
- Guarantee equal shift distribution and avoid conflicts like double bookings
step 2 | DISTRIBUTION
Publish employee schedules and get immediate feedback
- Share schedules for your team to access via the app in seconds
- Boost employee accountability and reduce back-and-forth by having staff accept or reject shifts
- Communicate any scheduling changes instantly
step 3 | DAY-TO-DAY
Manage your team’s daily activities from one place
- Automate shift reminders to ensure full staffing and prevent no-shows. A no-show occurred? Find quick replacements via the app
- Ditch calls, text and notes and reach your team instantly via in-app chat and updates
- Give your team mobile access to all the information they need to succeed
- Get real-time insights from the field with digital forms and checklists
step 4 | REPORTING
Prepare for payroll and invoicing
- Record accurate work hours by having staff clock in from their phones
- Instantly calculate overtime, breaks, and time off
- Directly export timesheets to payroll providers like Gusto, Quickbooks, Xero and Paychex
- Track time spent on projects and jobs for easy billing and invoicing
What our customers love most
No more employee scheduling issues
About the Connecteam Scheduling app
An employee scheduling app allows you to easily assign shifts and notify employees of their schedules.
Digitalizing scheduling allows you to input data, such as time-off requests, and view the schedule according to job or employee to limit scheduling errors. Reassigning previous shifts is also a time saver.
With a good scheduling app, you can also communicate directly with your employees regarding each shift. Look for features such as adding a shift description, where you can add the location, specific tasks, and if any questions arise, you and your employee can directly message each other.
Yes. For businesses using Connecteam’s Small Business Plan, the scheduling feature is 100% free for up to 10 users. If you have more than 10 users, you’ll still get a 14-day free trial to see if Connecteam’s scheduling is right for you and your team. When the free trial ends, you can opt for the limited plan (which is free forever), or you can upgrade to a premium plan to get advanced functionality.
Connecteam’s employee scheduling features streamline the way managers create schedules and how employees view their schedules.
Managers using Connecteam’s employee scheduling feature can:
- View the schedule by job or employee
- Assign a single shift or multiple shifts at once
- Create templates to use daily, weekly, or monthly
- Quickly approve or deny employee scheduling requests, such as time off
- Set overtime and other schedule limits before publishing
- Be notified of conflicts in schedules before publishing
- Create open shifts for qualified employees to claim
- Add notes to each shift such as tasks, location, and photos
- Communicate directly with employees
- Notify employees of published schedules or changes directly to their mobile phones
From their mobile phone, employees can:
- Clock in and out
- Set and change their availability
- Request time off
- Trade shifts with other employees, with admin approval
- Communicate directly with managers
Yes. Per shift, your employee will be able to view any tasks you assign them. Once an employee marks the task as complete, you will be notified.
Shift tasks can be assigned to a specific employee, or to an entire team working the same shift.
Yes. The Connecteam scheduling feature includes shift templates. You can also create your own daily, weekly, or even monthly templates to reuse again and again.
Yes! Connecteam gives you the option to customize your shift layers so that you can easily track and schedule any of your resources or assets. For example, assign one of your trucks to a shift, and never find yourself without a vehicle for a job again.
Yes, with Connecteam’s Job Schedule, your employees can inform you of days they are unavailable, days they prefer to work, and even set up these days to be repeated if they are regularly unavailable to work.
Yes. You can even set the claimed shifts to require management approval before they are assigned to an employee.
Connecteam’s employee scheduling app is an easy way to create, manage, and share optimal employee schedules for your non-desk team to access right from their mobile phones. Ranked as one of the best employee scheduling apps, Connecteam offers unique tools to simplify your entire scheduling process and easily avoid costly scheduling mistakes. The scheduling app allows you to instantly reach all the right staff members via your in-app chat, add instructions to each shift or job, and maintain a clear overview of your employees’ availability and qualifications. Overall, Connecteam’s employee scheduling app allows you to save valuable time, keep everyone on the same page, and include all the information your employees need to succeed throughout the workday right at their fingertips. So, if you’re looking for a way to manage your non-desk employee schedules, Connecteam’s employee scheduling app is the easiest and most affordable solution for you.