The HVAC Services Market was valued at USD 7.17 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 14.77 billion by 2025.
Factors such as technological innovations and climate changes have increased the adoption of HVAC equipment. Global warming has led to changing and unpredictable weather conditions and has also increased the need for air conditioning equipment. On top of that, millions of people have spent most of summer 2020 at home, instead of usual offices and traveling, so a serviced and powerful AC is the last hope for a breath of fresh air.
And that’s a growing trend: according to the International Energy Agency (IEA), Global energy demand from air conditioners is anticipated to triple by 2050.
If you’re in an HVAC business or considering opening one — you’re in a safe spot.
Even back in 2018, the average income of an HVAC business owner was over $598K a year, it should be much better now. Sounds good, right? Until payday comes.
And we mean it literally: every month, a week before the payroll date comes — you are instantly reminded that it’s only a demanded and lucrative business, but also a really messy one to run:
- Technicians and installers are constantly traveling to numerous job sites, making tracking their work hours and calculating the payroll a pain in the neck
- Parts and inventory come in and out regularly
- Bills need to be paid and invoices sent for payments
- Fleet vehicles, tools, and equipment need maintenance
There just aren’t enough hours in the day to get all this done, right?
Well, that might be the case but that’s where HVAC business software solutions come in!
What To Look For In HVAC Business Software Solutions
1. Feature set: Consider implementation time, what is included, and if it will improve your daily operations. Make sure the HVAC software has all the features relevant for your business:
- Scheduling and dispatch
- Communication tools/Intranet
- A resource center, manuals, online reports, and a ticketing system.
- Are the features suitable for field employees and also for a small business?
- Does it serve a true business purpose?
- How much time is needed to implement the software?
Additional features are a bonus!
2. Ease of use: You and your employees need a solution that runs as smooth as silk, you don’t have time to waste so ask yourself:
- Is it suitable for every one of my employees? Apparently, an aging workforce is a big trend and a huge problem in the HVAC industry in 2020, so when the majority of your staff are rather technicians than techies, you need to make sure the HVAC software for your small business is simple and intuitive to use for all of your employees. Especially if they’re veterans.
- How much training do employees need to learn how to use the software?
- Will it be easy to onboard new employees?
- Can employees adopt the software as their daily-driver
3. Amazing customer support: Sometimes you have questions, and you need answers ASAP.
- Does an HVAC software you’re considering offer a dedicated customer support representative who is available anytime you need? Or do you have to call the hot-line?
- Is there a live chat option?
- How long does it take for someone to get back to your inquiry?
4. Price: There is no doubt that price plays a major factor in your decision, so consider this:
- Is HVAC software you’re going to use for your small business cost-effective? Or even better, can a price be justified by the other business costs the software helps to reduce?
- Do you need to pay extra for every new employee?
- Can you add admins and managers for free?
- Does it have a free plan or a free trial?
- Is it worth how much I have to pay?
- What other features are included for free?
- If I use it continuously, will I need to spend more later on for modifications?
- Am I tied to an annual contract?
With the above defined, it’s time to dive into which HVAC software solution is right for your business. Considering the four factors, feature set, ease of use, customer support, and price, we rounded the top 10 best HVAC business software solutions on the market today.
Top 10 HVAC Business Software Solutions
Connecteam is the all-in-one mobile software for your HVAC business. It features scheduling, GPS time tracking, communication features (chat, surveys, suggestion box), digital reports and checklists (safety reports, procedures), mobile training and on-boarding, and so much more.
There is so much you can do on Connecteam:
- Create checklists and assign jobs to workers
- Share installation manuals and guides in doc, PDF, video format, or as a link
- Collect incident and maintenance reports for equipment and vehicles
- Dispatch orders and track technicians and managers locations for a quick resource allocation
- Streamline task management and hold employees accountable for installations they make
- Let employees include their drive to a client in work hours by creating a route with a few Checkpoints or timestamps to check-in
- Collect and digitally sign daily mileage reports and gas money reimbursement requests. Oh, by the way, no paperwork required — your technicians can fill them in and send for approval from their phone
- Remind employees to fill in the needed forms by sending them a push-notification on their phone, and once received — approve or forward to accounting, in a tap of a finger.
In real-time, you can manage your business and all employees efficiently and effortlessly. Connecteam integrates with QuickBooks as well and generates timesheets and payroll. Connecteam’s customer support is amazing, anytime you have a question, a representative gets back to you almost instantly. Whether you email or send a Facebook message, Connecteam has you covered.
Price: Starts from $29/month for up to 200 users with an Enterprise plan available for bigger teams. There’s also a free trial for 14 days and a free plan to start with no commitment whatsoever.
Best Management Software for Your HVAC Business
From HVAC scheduling and dispatch, communication tools, resource center, equipment manuals, online reports — you can do it all on Connecteam’s HVAC app. Everything is neatly available in one place, at any time.
AI Field Management is a cloud-based solution that helps your company manage and collaborate with field employees. You can track customers’ information, like name, location, contact information, credit cards, and also how they prefer to communicate. Some of their features include inventory/asset management, time tracking, payroll reports, and job management.
Additionally, you can track sales revenue and commissions and can create customizable reports. AI Field Management integrates with QuickBooks, Dropbox Mileage Tracker, Slack, Apple Maps, Google Maps, and Waze.
Price: Contact a representative to get a quote and schedule a demo.
Free Trial: Yes, there is a 21-day free trial.
Synchroteam has a free mobile app and as an HVAC software, it features scheduling, dispatch, reporting, GPS tracking, invoicing, job management, and more. Its mobile field service software has many management features, like job tracking, customer history, and “live” scheduling capabilities.
Price: Annually, you pay $22/month/user or you can pay $28/month/user.
Free Trial: Yes, there is a 14-day free trial.
mHelpDesk is a field service solution that “automates everything from first customer contact to getting paid.” Scheduling, dispatch, billing, inventory management, and more. This HVAC software can integrate with both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. Additionally, it has an offline mode so you can still use the mobile app when you’re in an area without internet or cell reception.
Price: Request a quote from a customer service representative to learn about pricing details tailored for your company.
Free Trial: No.
Housecall Pro is an HVAC management software that makes automation a breeze. Some features included are job scheduling, dispatching, GPS tracking, payment processing, customer notifications, chat, and email marketing automation. The software is also available on all mobile devices so employees can access it at any time. You can integrate Housecall Pro with QuickBooks.
Price: Choose from three monthly plans: Simple – $49/month for one user, Modern – $137/month for up to six users, or Advanced – $249/month for unlimited users.
Free Trial: Yes, there is a free trial available.
WorkWave Service is a cloud-based field service solution available on both desktop and mobile. Its features include account management, scheduling, dispatch, business development, billing, payment, reporting, and more. A cool feature on WorkWave is the route optimization feature which calculates and delivers the best route choices, this is based on customer preference, eligibility, drive time, and more.
Price: Contact a representative for pricing options.
Free Trial: No.
Service Fusion is a cloud-based HVAC management software that offers field service management, GPS tracking, credit card processing, dispatching, scheduling, invoicing, inventory management, time tracking, payroll, and reporting. All users can customize their dashboard and set user-specific permissions. Additionally, a user can view product catalogs, handle payment processing, track sales revenue, and access integrated voice and text messaging.
The software can integrate with Quickbooks Online, hardware GPS tracking devices, VoIP systems, and payment processing systems.
Price: Choose from three pricing options: $99/month, $199/month, or $349/month. Service Fusion does not charge per user therefore you can have unlimited user accounts. However, there are some features that cost extra and may apply on a per user basis.
Free Trial: No, there is a free demo, however.
Jobber is a cloud-based field service and its features include time and GPS tracking, scheduling, routing, dispatch, invoicing and payments, quotes and estimates, and CRM. The CRM (customer relationship management) tracks contact information, and users can create custom fields, tags, attach files or phones, and more. Through the scheduling module, users can update jobs, include information on progress and completion, and can set up individual jobs or a recurring contract.
You can integrate Jobber with QuickBooks, Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
Price: There are four pricing plans to choose from: $22/month for one user, $78/month for up to 2 users, $145/month for up to 10 users, and $291/month for unlimited users.
Free Trial: Yes, there is a 14-day free trial.
FieldEdge by dESCO is a cloud-based field service management solution. It makes it easy to see how your employees are performing, offers scheduling and dispatching, customer management, and service agreements. Through the dispatch board, users can see suggestions regarding work orders, which is based on the technician’s skill set and expected location. It also features a customizable price book so you can present different pricing options to potential customers.
FieldEdge can integrate with QuickBooks.
Price: Contact a representative to learn more about pricing options.
Free Trial: No, but there is a free demo.
ServiceTitan is a cloud-based field management platform that features scheduling, dispatch, invoicing, sales, custom reporting, call recording, text messaging, and more. Through the HVAC software, you can track marketing ROI and conversion tracking capabilities. There is also a mobile solution for when you’re in the field, so you can still process invoices and credit cards if needed.
Price: Speak with a representative about pricing options.
Free Trial: No, but there is a demo.
Choose The Right HVAC Business Software
Automation and HVAC business software is another emerging trend in the HVAC industry.
The days of operating your HVAC company manually are over (or at least, they should be). There are various HVAC software tools for small businesses, that are capable of enhancing invoicing, estimating, payments, routing, and communications with clients, as well as within the team.
Implementing such tools allows HVAC businesses to operate more efficiently by ensuring their clients are taken care of and project accountability is maintained.
Once you know what you want the HVAC business software to include, it’s about choosing the right solution for your company and employees, and your wallet too. Be sure to go through each of our 10 solutions carefully, if there is a free trial or a free plan, sign up! You have nothing to lose.
#1 HVAC Business Software
From HVAC scheduling and dispatch, multiple communication tools, equipment manuals, online reports and ticketing system, you can do it all on Connecteam’s HVAC app.