Payroll Hours Calculator
Easily create custom timesheet reports for payroll.
Calculate daily and weekly totals with overtime.
Print, download, and share it for free.
Automate your payroll process with our app
What is a timesheet calculator?
A timesheet calculator is a digital tool that helps calculate hours worked by employees. With an hourly payroll calculator like the one featured above, you can accurately track employee hours, overtime, and breaks, simplify the payroll process, and ensure employees get paid accurately and on time.
How Do You Use This Free Time Card Calculator?
We designed our free time card calculator to make it as simple as possible for you to accurately calculate your employees’ work hours in time for payroll.
Follow these simple steps to make the most of our timesheet calculator.
How to Calculate Your Work Hours?
Firstly, select whether you want to calculate your employee’s work hours over the last week or the last two weeks. From here, you can set:
- Daily overtime: After how many hours per day the calculator will switch to the overtime rate.
- Weekly overtime: After how many hours per week the calculator will switch to the overtime rate.
- Pay rate: The amount that workers are paid per hour.
- Type of workweek: If employees work 7 days per week or 5 days per week.
- Overtime multiplier: The rate at which standard pay is multiplied to calculate overtime pay.
Next, enter the start and end times of the employee’s work day for the week and the time that was spent on each lunch break. If you don’t deduct your employees’ lunch breaks from their pay, leave the lunch break field empty.
Just like that, the tool will calculate the total number of worked hours and minutes for you and automatically deduct the break time from your total.
Download or Print the Final Calculations
After you’ve entered all the hours and you’re satisfied with the calculations, you can download the table either as a PDF or as a CSV file.
Simply click on the downward arrow at the top of the calculator, enter your email address, select your desired file type, and click download.
To print your table, click on the printer icon at the top of the calculator.
To calculate payroll hours, you’ll first need to gather accurate records of employee hours.
You can do this by using a timesheet or a digital time-tracking solution.
Then follow these steps:
- Convert the start and end times to a 24-hour format (e.g., 1:00 pm becomes 13:00).
- Subtract the start time from the end time to get the total hours worked in decimal format.
- If applicable, deduct any unpaid breaks or time off.
- Repeat these steps for each day the employee worked.
- Add up the daily totals to get the total payroll hours for the pay period.
You can then multiply the employee’s pay rate by the number of hours worked in the pay period to receive the total sum for pay. Remember to factor in overtime pay if applicable.
Or, you can use an hours calculator for payroll to simplify this process and save time.