Major UK Home Care Provider Caremark Uses Connecteam to Recognize and Unite Workforce of Caregivers
Caremark is a UK-based national homecare provider with over 7,000 staff members employees and 115 franchise offices. In their search for an easy-to-use, informative, and effective, modern ‘mobile intranet’ for their entire workforce of both in-office and frontline workers, Caremark turned to Connecteam, an all-in-one workforce management app.
What Led Caremark to Connecteam
Caremark expressed its need for a better way to engage its distributed workforce and enhance communication among its franchise support center, administration staff, franchise owners, and, most importantly, its remote teams.
As stated by Caremark’s joint CEO, David Glover, “our care assistants are the lifeblood of our business and I wanted to ensure they receive the exact support they need, be that training, access to documents or a place to chat with peers, as well as feeling valued, engaged and part of one big national team.”
Caremark was, therefore, eager to find a digital solution that would help them to do just this.
Turning Objectives into Reality
“Connecteam checked every box we needed and more,” says Glover.
It, most importantly, has helped Caremark nurture a sense of belonging and encouragement across its entire remote workforce, which aligns perfectly with the company’s core value of caring for all people: customers, employees, franchise owners, and caregivers alike.
Also, having the ability to listen to the care teams working directly with clients enables the company to adapt where relevant and create the best possible working environment. This, in turn, allows Caremark to improve employee engagement and retention, which results in better care for customers, as well.
A Look into the Implementation Process
Leading up to and into the implementation process, Caremark and Connecteam have been working together closely to tailor the app to Caremark’s specific needs. After a successful trial with three Caremark franchise offices in May 2022, the app is now being implemented gradually across the company’s entire network, making it the first UK care provider to launch a staff management app.
How Caremark uses Connecteam
The main aspects for which Caremark uses Connecteam include:
- Enhancing communication by being able to share company news, deliver business-critical messages, and maintain open lines of communication between the franchise support center, Caremark offices, and remote employees.
- Gathering employee feedback by allowing care assistants to share their views and ideas directly with the franchise support center and franchise owners through surveys, polls, and other communication tools.
- Showing appreciation by sending employees recognitions and notes of gratitude.
- Sharing company knowledge by making all company policies, procedures, and operations manual easily accessible.
- Enhancing eLearning by providing a user-friendly way for care staff to complete mandatory eLearning programs, as well as the ability to deliver cost-saving, portable training licenses to franchise owners.
See How Caremark Improved Their Daily Operations By Implementing Connecteam