Use our OSHA ladder inspection checklist template as a starting point to customize yours to fit your business.
Make work flow with Connecteam’s digital forms & checklists
- Easily create digital forms and checklists for any task your team needs to complete on the job
- Boost accountability by having employees add a signature, image, or location stamp
- Save time by choosing from a variety of ready-made templates
- Instantly receive your team’s submissions and share reports within your organization
OSHA Ladder Inspection Checklist
Ladders are the workhorses of construction, connecting us to elevated spaces and fueling progress. But with every ascent, safety takes center stage.
This OSHA Ladder Inspection Checklist equips you to meticulously examine your ladders, ensuring they meet regulatory standards and safeguard your most valuable asset – your team’s well-being.
By dedicating just minutes to this crucial routine, you cultivate a culture of proactive safety, building a foundation of trust and minimizing the risk of falls.
Instructions: Conduct this inspection before each use and after any event that could damage the ladder. Report any defects immediately for repair or replacement.
OSHA Ladder Inspection Checklist
General Ladder Condition:
- No cracks, splits, or bends in side rails or rungs. (Yes/No)
- All rivets, bolts, and screws tight and secure. (Yes/No)
- Ladder feet level and free of debris. (Yes/No)
- Locking mechanisms function properly. (Yes/No)
- No paint or other material obscuring important markings. (Yes/No)
Step Ladder Specifics:
- Spreader arms fully open and securely locked. (Yes/No)
- No excessive play or movement in hinge joints. (Yes/No)
Extension Ladder Specifics:
- Rung locks engage smoothly and securely. (Yes/No)
- Fly sections extend and retract smoothly. (Yes/No)
- Rope and pulley system in good working order. (Yes/No)
Portable Ladder Specifics:
- Non-slip feet present and in good condition. (Yes/No)
- Leveling mechanism functions properly. (Yes/No)
- Fall protection system (if applicable) in good working order. (Yes/No)
- Labels present and legible, indicating weight capacity and type of ladder. (Yes/No)
Ladder Model & Serial Number: ________________________
Inspector: ________________________ Date: ________________________
Confidence with Every Climb:
A meticulous inspection, guided by this OSHA Ladder Inspection Checklist, empowers you to ascend with confidence, knowing your ladders are reliable partners in reaching new heights.
Each completed checklist represents a commitment to safety, fostering a culture of well-being and minimizing the risk of falls.
Remember, ladders are tools, not shortcuts.
By prioritizing thorough inspections and responsible use, you build a foundation of safety that elevates not just your projects, but also the well-being of your team.
Make this checklist your ladder to success, one careful step at a time.
Choose Connecteam, the #1 Choice for Construction Managers
Streamline your business’s daily operations and unleash unparalleled efficiency with Connecteam!
Take charge with our Forms and Checklists feature, effortlessly running your daily tasks and delivering the highest standards. But that’s just the beginning!
Easily create perfect employee schedules with our Employee Scheduler, enabling seamless staff organization and maximizing productivity. Keep a tight grip on employee work times using our Time Clock feature, making precise payroll a breeze and freeing you from mundane administrative tasks.
Stay ahead of the game with Connecteam’s built-in employee Chat, fostering real-time collaboration and empowering your team to deliver extraordinary results.
And don’t forget, continuous growth and skill development are at your fingertips with Connecteam’s comprehensive Training & Onboarding features.
Get started with Connecteam for free today and unlock the true potential of your business!
Watch the video below to see it in action:
Ready to boost your efficiency with our pre-made templates?