Internal Promotion Announcement Email Template
Send this promotion announcement email to let all your employees know about an internal promotion or transfer.
Sending a promotion announcement email serves almost like an official record of the announcement. This allows employees a place and time to digest the news privately and to also come to terms with it, especially if they were pining for the promotion themselves. Naturally, the employee who got the promotion is going to want to talk about it so be sure to list all the reasons why that particular employee got the promotion – it’ll help quash any rumors or resentment.
What should you include in the promotion announcement email template?
While this promotion announcement email is rather formal, do try to add some energy and personality into what you’re writing! Keep a balance between the two, be congratulatory but professional. Definitely make sure to include the following:
- Obviously reveal the employee’s name and when they’ll start the new role.
- Offer a contact person for employees to direct questions to.
- Ask your employees to join you in congratulating them!
- Review the achievements and qualities of the promoted employee and add how long they have been working for the company.
Internal Promotion Announcement Sample
Use email subject line: Welcoming Stan Lee to the Marketing Team!
I am very pleased to announce that Stan is transferring to the Marketing department to work as our new Social Media Analyst.
In the past 3 years, Stan has achieved great things with the sales team helping us to maintain a fully functional website by bridging the gap between the sales and marketing departments. He has put in extra hours and taken on more responsibility, his record with our customers and coworkers is impressive by far. Now, he will bring his deep knowledge and experience to expand our customer base through the use of new marketing channels.
If you have any queries about what Stan’s new position might mean for your new working relationship, don’t hesitate to direct any questions to me.
Please join me in sending Stan a big congratulations and wishing him the best of luck in his new role.
Use Connecteam for
your communication needs
Looking for an easy way to streamline communication? Send immediate updates on all matters – from promotions to birthday wishes, send messages privately or in a group separated by location, team, department, etc. Additionally, give your employees the ability to engage with the message, with social media functions such as comments and likes. Start your free plan today!
Use Connecteam for your communication needs
Keep everyone on the same page
- Real-time updates. Employees shouldn’t wait for the next email or meeting just to receive important company news, instead they get updates straight to their mobile phone.
- Easily and quickly reach all your employees through channels specific to location, team, department, etc. This way, you control who gets what message who doesn’t.
- Avoid misunderstandings or information falling through the cracks when you have good communication in the workplace. Create groups for each type of data and message sent, measure everything, and know who read and received the data and who didn’t.
- Share birthday wishes, company updates, announcements, employee of the month, work anniversaries and so on. Allow for social functions like comments and likes to boost employee engagement.
- Start a private chat between peers or management. A chat app separates an employee’s personal life from their work life.
- Share files, videos, and images from anywhere and they’re accessible at anytime.
Boost employee productivity and engagement
- On a regular basis, send surveys after onboarding, a meeting, a company event, etc. Be sure to act on the feedback otherwise the data is useless.
- Enable a company suggestion box that is always accessible and be sure to review what employees recommended.
- Reduce the number of phone calls to keep everyone productive and on the right track to get the job done.