Table of contents
Creating, organizing, and planning events sounds like a dream job for many people. Instead of sitting in an office and doing routine work in front of a computer, event planners are super lucky. They get paid for realizing their creative potential, meeting many new, interesting people, visiting nice places, and having so much fun…
If you are laughing right now, then you are probably working in event planning and event management yourself. And yes, we know it’s a little nervous laughter, especially if you’re working with corporate or business events.
Although all the above is also true, anyone who has ever planned an event for a large group of people knows just how stressful and time-consuming it may be. From creating the original concept to making sure every little detail is addressed and that the staff shows up on time and is at the venue when they should be. There are a lot of management tasks to juggle!
Good news though! Modern technology is developing and improving rapidly, so it is much easier to plan, organize, and manage a flawless event today than it was a decade ago. Regardless if event management is your bread and butter, or you’re just trying to pull off a one-off event that you’re responsible for — there is a handy software solution to cover all your needs, so sit back and enjoy the list of the top 8 software solutions for event management in 2022.
Best All-In-One Software For Event Staff Management
How to Choose the Best Event Management Software
Before we list the best event planning, scheduling, and management software, we want to ensure that the solution you choose is based on your exact needs. Below we highlight how you can approach your selection process.
Planning and managing events is usually tied to the specific type of work. It’s called field work or mobile work. In this regard, event management very much resembles other field work examples, like amusement park management, property management, manufacturing, restaurant business, or hospitality.
All of these industries share the same challenges:
- Most work is away from the desk or office 90% of the time
- The team moves a lot during the day, whether within the venue or between different locations
- Different roles or different teams to manage
- Many unrelated customers or orders in different places
- Always compressed on time and hours mean money for your business
- Multitasking with managing different people on different tasks
- Hard to effectively communicate with team members during work
That’s why, when choosing software for your event industry business, you need to be very specific and pay attention to details to make sure it fits those specifics. From our experience with thousands of customers from all those fields, we came up with the following criteria you should be looking for:
- Quick to use
- Accessible to constantly moving event staff
- Simple to implement and use daily
- Affordable for many users
- Free plans and/or trials
That was the logic for us when compiling the top 8 software solutions for the event industry in 2022.
Top 8 Event Management Apps (Software Solutions) for 2022
A pandemic-proof way to host events — free and paid — using the popular video conferencing tool.
After the world was suddenly shut down by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, business owners, entrepreneurs, and organizations of all sizes turned to Zoom to continue their daily communication and collaboration for work and studies. Zoom presented to the general public the beta for OnZoom, a dedicated online event management app, and a marketplace created for people to adapt their in-person events or services to virtual or hybrid experiences.
OnZoom is a comprehensive solution for paid Zoom users to create, host, and monetize events like fitness classes, concerts, stand-up or improv shows, and music lessons on the Zoom Meetings platform.
- Meetings & chat
- Video Webinar
- Conference Rooms
- Phone System
- App Marketplace
Price: Contact OnZoom representatives for custom pricing quotes. This platform does offer a free plan.
The best event industry all-in-one mobile software for event planning, event scheduling, and field staff management.
Every event industry professional knows that the devil is in the details, and half the battle is in the hands of your team. When you need to think of everything at the same time and manage multiple processes in different locations simultaneously — an effective mobile staff management solution is a deal-breaker.
Connecteam is trusted by hundreds of staff managers with similar needs, who need to schedule shifts, assign tasks, communicate with field or mobile employees from afar, monitor their location, track work hours, receive live reports and share important updates. The main catch is that both you and your employees can use this event scheduling and management app during the day, even on the run, with only one hand free. It has all the core tools you need to plan an event and manage your staff on every stage, to make everything seamlessly fall into place.
- Effortless & quick job scheduling with duplicates & templates: Connecteam’s event scheduling software allows you to assign shifts for employees, based on the job requirements, qualifications, tolerances. Provide relevant information including time, address, and special instructions, allow employees to claim, accept, and reject shifts.
- Simple collaboration and task management feature allows you to assign quick tasks and collaborate with team members, as well as control the task completion progress step-by-step.
- Simplified time tracking and payroll via a smartphone: Easily track work hours or utilize geo-stamps to oversee your team-members’ location and make sure everyone is in their place in time, send automatic reminders to ensure employees are clocking in and out, approve vacation and sick day requests on the go, view timesheets with overtime, and send it to payroll digitally (with the choice to integrate it with Quickbooks and Gusto Payroll).
- Keep employees posted & accountable through ‘read and sign’ forms: keep all your employees compliant through digital ‘read-and-sign’ forms, such as event agenda, venue map, emergency exits location, fire safety policies and procedures, technical tolerance certificates for the equipment, uniform requirements, and more.
- Automate and digitize safety checklists and forms: reduce friction and improve response time by automating reporting processes, such as fall risk assessment, failure reports, equipment visual check, supervisor inspection summary report, and more.
- Instantly receive & deliver important updates: collect incident reports from event staff in real-time with photographs, signatures, notes, or shift opening/closing forms.
- Use project-specific communication channel to keep discussions focused and targeted and share important updates and attachments during the day
- Onboard new hires and training: quickly and efficiently onboard new employees and get them up to speed. With read and sign forms and training, your team has a structured onboarding experience that is simple yet effective.
- Make company knowledge and policies easily accessible: from the employee handbook to important company protocols, how-to guides, making all the information available and searchable for the entire team.
Price: Connecteam’s event staff management software is easily the most affordable solution: no paying for each user, but a flat monthly fee starting at just $29/month for up to 30 users. Or you can start with the free plan after your free 14-day trial is up. Enterprise pricing for more than 200 people will be quoted upon request.
Simplify Your Event Management Challenges With The Connecteam Employee App
Eventbrite lets businesses plan, promote, and sell-out events of all kinds.
Eventbrite is probably the most popular event planning and ticketing software, used by many different people in the events industry. It covers the need for various types of event management projects, from small meetups to large concerts. Eventbrite event management software helps businesses organize and sell tickets to events online while helping people discover events that fuel their passions and register online to save their seats.
- Badge Management
- Exhibit/Vendor Management
- Social Media Promotion
- Surveys & Feedback
- Volunteer Management
- Weddings/Parties Planning
Price: Eventbrite has a free version but does not offer a free trial. The essential plan starts with a 2% + $0.79 fee for the transactions made through the platform.
The go-to software for event planning and visitor management.
Bizzabo is a toolkit of event planning software solutions that combines the functionality of a project management software, an event planner, and a CRM system. Bizzabo is targeted for planning and managing larger events with many people involved, and layers of work dependencies. This event management software also provides organizers a platform to market and promote events, which makes it a great tool for ticket sales or fundraising initiatives, and other nonprofit events.
Event planners can find everything they need to streamline ticket distribution and team collaboration.
- Attendee Management
- Badge Management
- Client Management
- Registration Management
- Social Promotion
- Speaker Management
- Sponsorship Management
- Surveys & Feedback
Price: Contact Bizzabo representatives for custom pricing quotes. This software does not have a free version but does offer a free trial.
A multitool software to manage virtual, in-person, or hybrid events.
Whova is a multi-tool event management software solution that is designed to seamlessly manage virtual, in-person, or hybrid events from beginning to end within one system. You can use all of those different features or select certain functionalities according to your needs. This event planning platform also functions as both a virtual event management software and a conference app, depending on what you need it for. The platform combines logistic management tools, event management software, and attendee and exhibitor engagement solutions in one package.
- logistic management tools
- conference management software attendee and exhibitor engagement solutions
- event registration
- event marketing
- event website creation
- agenda management
- attendee check-in
- name badge generation
- attendee engagement
Price: Contact Whova representatives for custom pricing quotes. The platform does not have a free version and does not offer a free trial, but offers a demo even pre-installed in the app, to give an idea of how the real use case will look like.
Event planning software for people who arrange & manage events, trainings, webinars, or one-time conferences.
Eventilla is an event management software for creating branded and customized event landing pages, creating and collecting registration forms, payments, and participant reports, scheduled and targeted brand messaging. Eventilla tool is suitable for live or online events and allows the use of your own payment gateway, without per ticket fees.
- Event pages
- Payments and ticketing
- Entry management
- Feedback and reports
Price: Eventilla pricing starts at $290.00 per month. They do not have a free version. Eventilla does not offer a free trial.
Collaboration software and a CRM for quoting, invoicing, emailing, event planning, billing, and client management.
Bitrix24 was born like a pure billing solution, but many companies use it as event planning software since it comes with all the necessary tools for the job. There is a CRM and client management part that allows you to create quotes and invoices, send emails and manage vendors. You can share calendars that let you schedule and book multiple venues. There’s also an event management feature in this software, that organizers use to manage ground crews and assign tasks for them.
- Client management
- Quotes and invoicing
- Shared calendars
- Email marketing
- Group task management
- External access for clients
- Mobile event management
- Cloud or self-hosted
- API & open source code
Price: Bitrix24 offers a free version, paid plans start from $19 per month for solopreneurs, business plans start from $79 a month.
Software for event planning, venue management, attendee management, and team collaboration.
Planning Pod is an event management software consisting of a few handy tools for event planning. From one place, you’ll have access to tools for attendee management, productivity, team collaboration, business management, and customization.
You can arrange seating, register guests, build event websites, and manage a guest list. You can also create schedules, budgets, to-do lists, calendars… the list goes on. If you’re constantly planning large events, then Planning Pod might be your personal virtual assistant.
- Venue management
- Attendee Management
- Billing & Invoicing
- Contract Management
- Customer Management
- Event Management
- Food & Beverage Management
- Reservations Management
- Resource Management
- Sales Management
- Staff Management
Price: Planning Pod pricing starts at $99.00 per month. They do not have a free version. Planning Pod offers a free trial. Contact representative for additional pricing details.
Localist is a community event management platform.
Localist is a simple events calendar designed to increase event attendance by boosting awareness and improving the public’s discovery of your event. Using the app, you can create an interactive calendar for your event and then publish it for the world to see. Localist matches your website’s branding and uses landing pages to increase conversions.
Localist event planner connects to Facebook, allowing potential attendees to select “I’m interested” for your event as well as view everyone else that’s going.
- Content Management
- Event Management
- Social media integration
Price: Localist pricing starts at $800.00 per month. They do not have a free version. Localist does not offer a free trial. See additional pricing details on the Localist website.
Bottom Line on Top Apps for The Events Industry
There is no doubt that digital software solutions will help boost the productivity of your event management (for both you and your employees) and definitely make your life easier.
From planning the event and sharing the agenda with your team to sending invoices, from creating digital checklists to tracking time, and so much more.
The main features you want to see in the software for the event industry are:
- Ease of use
- Accessibility on the move
Make sure you go through each of the listed software solutions to choose the best fit for your business.
Best All-In-One Employee Management App
A complete toolkit to communicate effectively, manage compliance, schedule shifts, track time, and organize your business in the click of a button or a smartphone tap. Free to start with no commitment!