How the FOX Group Reduced Communication Costs by 90%
Before using Connecteam, FOX's communication procedures were expensive and time consuming
About FOX Group
The FOX Group is a publicly listed company and the largest retailer in Israel with an expansive sales floor area that covers approximately 110,000 square meters spread over approximately 515 stores nationwide. The FOX Group employs over 5,500 employees across 6 FOX Group store brands. Under its umbrella you’ll find globally recognized brands such as American Eagle, MANGO, BILLABONG, CHILDREN’S PLACE, and many more. The group offers 8 Franchise operations of international retailers that operate stores in 14 countries.
Most of FOX’s 5,500 employees are deskless and don’t have regular access to a company email or company portal through a desktop device.
One of the biggest and most costly challenges facing the FOX operations team is: How to effectively communicate company procedures and basic training to its branch employees?
Before using Connecteam’s employee app platform, FOX’s preferred method of communicating training and procedure manuals with its locations was to print, ship, and deliver manuals and employee pamphlets on the back of delivery trucks.
How Connecteam helped
Connecteam’s Launch Pad allows managers to create assets such as courses, surveys, or workflows and then quickly deliver them to their workforce via the mobile app. For FOX, Connecteam offered the perfect solution to their internal communications needs.
The new way:
- The HR manager creates a branded employee app in 15 minutes using Connecteam.
- The manager then uses ready-made templates as a base to quickly create procedure manuals, training modules, and other business assets.
- Once downloaded, the employee app provides all procedures, training, and other assets available on the employee’s phone.
FOX was able to lower the cost of delivering procedure manuals to their employees by about 90% using Connecteam’s platform for employee app creation. The FOX employee app eliminated the need for printing and shipping procedure manuals, which made up the largest chunk of operational costs.
What can we learn from it
if you manage deskless employees we want you to take away a few suggestions from this success story:
- Find a cost effective way to communicate with your employees using mobile devices.
- Find a comfortable and enjoyable way to communicate using the mobile phones your employees already know and love.
- Measure the performance of your new tool and compare to see if you are, in fact, creating a more effective way to collaborate, run your operations, and develop your employees’ skill set.